Friday 7 September 2012

Gate Dicle and Fırat. Meet you!


Hello! Today is my day 8th in this city beautiful. The narrow streets of the East met me not familiar scents and sounds. Architecture, language, the people - everything was unfamiliar and strange. Our house is close to the religious heart of Islam - mosques. So our peace life the voice of the imam pleases. Five times a day he calls to prayer of all believers.
Acquaintance with the cultural life of eastern Turkey, I started with tea and coffee and shisha. Here is one interesting tradition of drinking hot tea on a hot sunny day. In this unusually small cups for me.
Office work brings pleasure. The people here are sympathetic and kind, they are always happy to help despite the language barriers.
I was very embarrassed when one of the women gave me two bracelets from his store.
I lead lessons in sewing toys. This is a very unusual experience to explain to people not knowing their language as well as what to do. But I hope that they like.
they learn me to draw and do a mosaic of a stone. Maybe I'm not very talented at it, but I try.
Yesterday I tried another traditional dish "Ali nazik". Motherland of this delicacy was Gaziantep. It is very easy to prepare and very tasty.
I would also like to say a big thank you to the host organization. Guys you are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment